Monday, October 11, 2010


I love FALL! It's the opening procession to the cavalcade of seasonal events from September to January.The smell of pumpkins and spices; the changing leaves and brisk early morning chill in the air. 

Can you smell the cinnamon and nutmeg? Can you hear the rustling of the fallen leaves or feel the static in the breezes? 

I don't know any other time of year that feels so vivid for me.  From the turning of the leaves until that darn groundhog checks his shadow, life's little trials and tribulations are all worth while if I get to experience the seasons of autumn and winter with incomparable joys and vicissitudes. I love spring and summer for their reprieve from cold toes and excessive sniffles. I love them for the opportunity to experience things not possible during autumn and winter.  Nevertheless, they are not as brilliant to my senses as the Holidays.

0 comments: