Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1, 2, 3...days in

Third day of the semester and I have set my limits early.  I'm never afraid to say "when" if it means giving my health a break.  I signed up for Sign Language 2 and though it is a relatively easy class compared to others I have taken, its timing within my schedule was exhausting me far too soon.  Having a lab science at 8:30 in the morning and a Math class in the later afternoon made functioning after 5pm far more difficult than I had imagined.  Combine that with physical therapy for my lousy spine wearing me down on the odd days of the week, I found out early enough that I needed to offer up that "when" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 
Anyway, I absolutely love my classes.  Western Civ with Dr. Bramhall is wonderful; it seems to be over too quickly, in my opinion.  Same goes for my Geology class, although I do have a lengthy lab PLUS lectures on Thursdays.  Being that my family considers me an over-achiever, I switched each of those 2 courses to the Honors versions for a little mental workout.
All in all, my first three days of Fall semester has been both exciting and enlightening.  I'm grateful for advisors who have the interests of the student in mind.  My over achieving nature originally had me registered for 19 credit hours! With the proper advice I widdled it down to 14 and as of today it's down to 11 unless I can squeeze in an online course specifically for my major.  Whether I do or not, I can't wait to see what the rest of the next 15.5 weeks has to offer.

0 comments: